POSITION AVAILABLE: Executive Director.
The Children’s Educational Opportunity Foundation of Connecticut is seeking an Executive Director (ED) to lead the expansion of our scholarship offering into a statewide program. The need for better education options for low-income families has never been greater and the ED will be the driving force to develop strategies to expand our school network and donor base across the state. CEO offers a unique opportunity for an individual that is passionate about improving the lives of CT’s children through better education.
The Children’s Educational Opportunity (CEO) Foundation provides need-based scholarships for K-8th grade children seeking access to quality schools. Since its founding in 1995 CEO has provided in excess of $22 million in scholarships to over 10,000 students. In the current school year CEO provided matching scholarships of up to $2,100 to nearly 400 deserving K-8th grade students in five cities across Connecticut. For more information about CEO please visit our website at www.ceoct.org.
CEO recently hired a Program Director to manage the annual application and enrollment process, as well as to be an assisting resource to the ED. The ED will be the public face of CEO as well as having responsibilities including:
- Fund raising/grant writing/solicitation of high-net-worth individuals
- Maintaining relationships with current donor base and responding to all incoming donations
- Representing CEO at appropriate public, governmental and professional venues
- Oversee all marketing activity (print, electronic, website, media and database).
- Supervise the Program Director and other employed contractors
- Oversee all financial and governmental reporting and registration/regulatory requirements
- Oversee financial functions, including expense payment, scholarship disbursement, payroll company activities, tax filings
- Develop and monitor annual budgets
- Coordinate financial audit and Form 990 with outside auditors
- Responding to Board members request for information/documentation
- Supporting needs of CEO’s Investment Committee
- Managing review and renewal of all insurance policies
- Serving as point person for technical support of computers and email accounts
CEO is seeking an individual who can lead the organization to its next level of operation. Compensation would reflect work experience and terms of employment. CEO can be flexible with schedule and hours for the right person. If you are interested in an opportunity to improve the lives of CT’s children, send your resume to CEOCT@Outlook.com and let’s start a conversation about making a difference.